Tornado Fiber Blower (Power Pack NOT included)
Fiber Blower, Tornado Cable Blowing Machine, Power Pack NOT included, One Set of Collets & Seals (specify sizes when ordering)
Features & Specifications
The Tornado Cable Blowing Machine is designed to be safe, fast and effective, even on tough terrain, the Tornado cable blowing machine will move fiber optic cable of 0.23 to 1.34 in. (5.84-34mm) diameter at speeds to 300 ft./min. (90 m/min.) into pre-installed innerduct or direct-buried duct. *power pack sold separately
It can accommodate innerduct from .47 to 2.48 in. (12-63mm). A conversion kit allows the Tornado to place 12.7/10mm, 12/10mm or 10/8mm micro duct into the inner duct. (sold separately)
· Comprised of an aluminum air box and cable pusher, the Tornado uses compressed air to install the cable with or without a missile. In operation, the hydraulically powered, caterpillar belt drive system controls the fiber optic cable as it is propelled by compressed air into the duct. An electronic monitoring system provides read-outs of speed and distance, protects cable against duct obstructions, and includes an emergency stop facility.
· The air box and cable pusher are mounted on a lightweight, tubular-steel frame that can be tilted at a 30-degree angle to the manhole, which minimizes significantly any bending of the innerduct and cable. The frame has height adjustment to permit ease of maneuverability, and adjustable rear legs that provide added stability on uneven terrain.
· Can also be used without the frame, directly from its skid
· The Junction Box Adapter is a necessary accessory for overriding existing cable in an occupied duct (space permitting). One branch attaches to the Tornado for placing the new cable or micro ducts, while the other branch seals off and holds the existing cable in the duct (sold separately)
· Included with the Tornado is a convenient toolbox with all the tools needed for use and maintenance of your blower
· All relevant parts and components of the cable blowing machine and the hydraulic power pack are specially treated to resist corrosion
Pushing Force: 0-220 lbs. (0-100kg)
Pushing Speed: 0-300 ft/min (0-90m/min)
Cable Size: .24-1.34″ (6-34mm) O.D.
Sub – Duct Size: 1/2-2 1/2″ SDR (12-63mm) O.D.
Air Hose Bore (min): 1 1/4″ (32mm)
Operating Pressure: 175 psi (12 bar)
Flow: The air supply should be filtered, cooled and dry
For Ducts with an Inner Diameter of: Minimum Flow Acceptable @175 psi (12 bar)
0 up to 1″ (0 up to 25mm) : 150 CFM (4m³/min)
1 up to 1 1/8″ (26 up to 30mm) : 185 CFM (5m³/min)
1 1/8 up to 1 3/8″ (31 up to 35mm) : 250 CFM (7m³/min)
1 3/8 up to 1 5/8″ (36 up to 40mm) : 375 CFM (10m³/min)
1 5/8 up to 1 3/4″ (41 up to 44mm) : 450 CFM (12m³/min)
1 3/4 up to 2″ (44 up to 51mm): 700 CFM 19m³/min
IMPORTANT PRICING, CHECKOUT, AND SHIPPING INFORMATION!
***Due to continuous volatility of raw material costs seen industry wide, prices and availability are subject to change without notice. Confirmed updated pricing will be returned with shipping quotes within our two-step checkout process.***
We have a multi-step checkout process. Your initial online order does not have shipping costs included and will not be complete without a custom shipping quote. Our Sales Team is currently getting a quote for you, at the most efficient rate from our closest warehouse to you. You will be receiving a quote that will entail: updated pricing, estimated lead times and shipping costs. If you have any questions about this please
call us at 262-249-8705.